Pages

A blog that's not about running. Ever.

Monday, March 3, 2014

February Favorites

In typical blogger fashion, here's a February Favorites post. I find that Favorites posts are also a little bit of a "get to know me" as well, so this seems like the perfect opportunity to let you lovelies know more about one half of The Slow Runners Club.

Ellie Goulding
Now we all know who Ellie Goulding is. I was listening to her back in 2010, but had forgotten how simply amazing she sounded until recently. Her most recent album, Halcyon, (and Halcyon Days) has been all that I've listened to for much of February.


What hooked me on the album was her song "Goodness Gracious". I played it on repeat at work for two days via Youtube, went out and physically bought the CD and then unwrapped it in my car so that I could play it on the way home.

Current favorites are "My Blood" and "Joy", but the whole album is fantastic. We also scooped up General Admission tickets for her upcoming tour, so you'll definitely be hearing about it.

Helen Melonlady
Like I said in the previous post, one of us is YouTube obsessed. Can you guess who it is yet? Okay yes, it's me and this is the first of my two YouTuber favorites. 

May I present to you Helen Anderson, known to the YouTube community as Helen Melonlady.


She's a British YouTuber with a love for creeper shoes, dying her hair purple, and singing. Occasionally she puts out covers like the one above, which is the one that caused me to spend an entire Sunday watching her vlogs and videos (her cover of Royals is pretty amazing, too). 

Now I understand that Helen may not be everybody's cup of tea, but she definitely is mine. If she's your's too, then check her band Box of Light and buy their single "Falling" on iTunes.

Essiebutton
My second of favorite YouTubers is Estee of Essiebutton. She's a Canadian expat, living in London with her boyfriend, Aslan, and rescued greyhound, Reggie. Estee posts beauty videos, writes a blog, and consistently puts up glorious twenty minute long vlogs. Here's a tea haul she did a few months ago, (featuring my favorite, TeaPigs tea):

She's so down to earth that I can't understand why she doesn't have more subscribers. Her videos are the ones I leave for last to watch on my subscription list because I love them so much and you know, you save the best for last.

Her vlogs also make me long for life abroad and bring back fond memories of being in the UK. Every one of her videos allows me to live vicariously through her as she travels almost effortlessly to Marakesh and Rome. Ugh, I remember when I could fly to another country for the weekend, what a life that was. Anyway, you should check her out because she's amazing and you'll love her.

I think that should suffice for my February Favorites for this post. I'll write part two, a non-people Favorites, so that this one doesn't last forever. 

Until then,
-J 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric