Pages

A blog that's not about running. Ever.

Monday, May 26, 2014

Year of Me


Here’s the thing. People. Make. Choices. Hundreds a day, who knows how many in a lifetime. Some people are satisfied with their choices, and some people have serious regrets. I have a friend who I greatly admire because she says that she’s never regretted anything that she’s done in her life. I think that’s the sign of a seriously secure person (I also think that when I said admire I meant envy). I wish I could be half as confident with my own choices.
“No one wants to hear about your shitty life.” I heard that on a TV show once. I forgot the show, but I wrote that down on a sticky note and stuck it in a random drawer in my room. For a while now, my friends and family have been hearing a lot about my so-called “shitty life,” host of regrets, and missed opportunities. It’s not fair and it’s created rifts. Unhappiness and loneliness will make you do a lot of things that you told yourself you would never do. I don’t want to be that person.
Officially, the next 365 days are going to be my “Year of Me” (in my mind anyway). All choices that I think will help me lead a fulfilling life, allll the time. I want to find a job that I like, and not just one that I have to endure. I want to help as many people as possible. I want to take the time to laugh, put my arm around someone, and tell them that I care about them. I want the choices that I make to create some sort of kick-ass butterfly effect (also a great movie). I’m not saying I won’t make any choices that I’ll come to regret (I’m not my friend, and I never will be), but I’ll be out there, trying to do things that make me happy.

First things first, clean my room, get some pistachio gelato, and binge watch Graceland season 1, H :)

 More chances ... seize them. Every time you can make a positive choice, DO IT! (Like Solar Energy... :))


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric