Pages

A blog that's not about running. Ever.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Procrastination and the 9-to-5: An Adult's Story

Here's the thing. I'm a procrastinator. Major. 

Not in life things though. More in work/schoolwork things. I was known to wait until the last day to write a multi-page essay in high school and then get an A on it. (So humble...) In college, I put off assignments until the last possible minute, and sometimes it didn't work out the way I wanted it to, but honestly, most of the time it did. 

Fast forward to now. I work a 9-to-5 (7:45 to 5:15), and I'm still putting shit off. Today I played that stupid Kardashian's app intermittently throughout the day. I wrote checks, I sent the checks, I filed the stubs, I entered in time cards, I updated billing files. I did all of the work that needed to be done. But I procrastinated with a stupid app. 

And now I have 12 minutes left until I can run for freedom towards the weekend. Everyone has abandoned their work and honestly, I could be doing something else, yet here I am writing a blog post instead. What is this procrastination and what makes it so irresistible? 

I wonder how much work actually gets done in the day at offices across the world, because while I'm googling graduate schools in Europe, I know co-workers are tweeting and updating their spotify playlists. Is this the curse of the 9-to-5? The I'm going to be here until 5 anyway, might as well push it back so the end of the day flies by. 

I just am curious, how many of you are procrastinators? Also, what's your celebrity list rank on the Kardashians app? I've been stuck at D-lister for days.

Let me know. (And I'm sorry for the drab and ranting post, I fully intend to have a better read within the next few days. Hint: 313)

Until next time, 

-J 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric