Pages

A blog that's not about running. Ever.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Updates: Sorry We Suck

Once again, I'm sorry. Blogging hasn't been at the top of my to-do list lately. The schedule, meant to help us, isn't working and I apologize. I mean I think about blogging daily as I read everything on my Bloglovin feed and scroll through Thoughtcatalog, but thinking is not the same as doing. Anyway, I digress...

Here's an update on what's been going on since the last time I've posted:

First of all, I've gotten addicted to Thought Catalog. This is entirely my roommate's fault because we tend to send each other a lot of links throughout the day at work and it has morphed into having the site up in an incognito window the entire workday and then sometimes when I get home from work. I read almost every article that is posted from lists to odes to scary fiction. *Note: I regret the scary fiction most days.* Just check it out. Chelsea Fagan, I bow down to you.

I've also gotten addicted to Orange Is The New Black. I know, I know, I'm a little late to the scene but hey, I needed to finish watching all of my TLC shows on Netfliz first. This is Day 3 since I started it and I've never been more annoyed to be coming to work because that means I only have 6 hours left in the day to watch it. (I fell asleep last night at 9:30 so I'm only on episode 9). Its on my mind so much that I have spent approximately 1/2 of the day yesterday looking at articles about the show and Piper Kerman and Catherine Cleary Wolters (the real life Alex Vause). My co-worker sent me this today, a video of Uzo Aduba, a.k.a. Crazy Eyes, auditioning for other OITNB characters. And I now know half of the office's favorite characters (mine's Morello, just FYI). I get the obsession finally, I GET IT!

Oh, I bought a new car. Alright, it's a 2012, but it's basically new (26,000 miles) and new to me. Also, I'm in love with it. I'm not a car person. I can't fix it, I can't tell the difference between different years. I can tell you what I drive now, what I used to drive and how to put gas in it. I can also tell you that I'm extremely happy about the car because it 1. has working brakes (I'm looking at you old Sunfire and your leaking brake fluid), 2. it has windows that ALL roll down (still looking at you, 2002 Sunfire), and 3. has a remote clicker that ACTUALLY WORKS (thanks a lot you red canoe (still the Sunfire)). My only gripe is that it cost me a chunk of my savings as a down payment and all the warranties tacked on put it above what I ideally wanted to pay, but hey, at least I won't die and it looks pretty fancy in all of it's shiny glory.

Let's see, what else has happened? I shattered a glass pan yesterday by putting it in a cold sink after it had heated up on a burner accidentally. I recommend not doing that, it went everywhere and now there's chunks of glass in my garbage disposal (maintenance will inevitably hate me). Um, I haven't gone to Pilates in a while because I'm lazy and would rather watch YouTube then get a leg cramp like I do in every class. Oh and I got an excellently awkward tan line by not rolling down my high-waisted shorts enough while laying out over last weekend. Thank god I bought those high-waisted bathing suit bottoms back in April.

I'll try to be better about posting, but no promises. Hopefully I'll have something to write about soon.

Until then,

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric