Pages

A blog that's not about running. Ever.

Monday, June 23, 2014

Time Flies & Why It Isn't Always Terrible

It's been awhile since I've written anything on here. Life and work (and Netflix) happened and honestly, I forgot to blog. That's kind of what I want to write about today.

You know how when you're little and days seem to go on forever? And you'd hear adults say "time flies when you're having fun"? Well recently I've realized how time does fly, and let me tell you, it isn't just when you 're having fun.

For example, I thought we were still in May. I know, it's almost July but that's where my head was at. I was subconsciously hoping to slow down time, hoping that summer didn't go too quickly hoping that I wasn't turning 24 in the near future. It blew my mind to realize that it's been seven weeks since I moved out of my mom's house, and that it's been six months since I moved from working as a cashier to being an office manager at an architectural firm. It's been almost 14 months since I became an alumni of a Public Ivy, and almost THREE years since I left for my study abroad trip.

Time is flying, it's happening. I attribute it to the daily grind of 9-5, working every hour away towards that glorious Friday evening when you have the whole weekend before you and ready for adventures that usually result in three Target trips, a bank run, a 7 a.m. trip to the Farmer's Market and a weekend full of cleaning your already pretty clean apartment in your sweatpants that have a hole in a questionable place. And then before you know it, it's Sunday night and you're watching your twelfth episode of Extreme Couponing of the day.

And while it isn't always fun, I can't even say I hate it. I look forward to waking up early on Saturday mornings, to grocery shopping and going to buy fabric to reupholster my dining room chairs. I like that time is flying by in a way also because it makes the "now" parts that suck about life become not that big of a deal. Sure, I'd love for everything to be exciting and fun, but I'm really, really okay with life progressing, it's just adjusting to that that's the hard part. Time is fleeting but that just means that bigger and better things are getting closer quickly. That trip is coming up sooner and the money you're saving is adding up quickly, and Friday is speeding towards you, even if it is only Monday. And really, who doesn't want the weekend to get here as fast as it can?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric